How to manually UNinstall premierePro1.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katone

add/remove programs doesn't help, nothing happens when I click. maybe the uninstall file is corrupted?
I no longer have the software to re-install it (and then try to un-install it with add/remove), and adobe upgraded to 2.0 so I can't find it on their website either (it s probably still there somewhere, but they dont link to it from their page).

Can I get rid of a software 'the proper way', even if it doesn t want to uninstall?
thanks!

Go to the install folder of the application and look for the unistall.exe file or any exe that deals with installation or deletion of the program. Most software comes with this when you install.

I tried looking for that, but nothing can be found. I scanned the whole folder.
I dunno if it got corrupted during install or something, i dont understand.

goin nuts

update.
I did the following steps:

1-I found premiere1.5 trial and tried to re-install it. install worked fine.
2-then I went to add/remove and tried to UNintsall, but error message popped up saying that a 'non-trial' version was install so 'setup could not UNistall premiere 1.5'!
3- so I manually deleted (to bin) the whole premiere 1.5 folder in 'prog files', and the whole premiere folder in 'application data' (c:doc&settings).
4- emptied bin and tried to Reinstall premiere AGAIN. this time setup could not install because a non trial version is already installed!!! (so why could it install over that version the first time???)

Everything is in the trash now, so how does setup 'see' a version already installed? do I have to remove directories entries? or what other files should I delete to be able to reinstall premiere over the other version, in order to be able to Uninstall the whole damn thing!!!! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back