How to modify data to Hard Disk directly without using any API call?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish to modify data data to Hard disk directly without using any API call…How will be the chance Read Native Max is used…Please send me details about accessing hard disk directly asap…

Would you mind sharing a bit more information about what you want to do, why, and under what os?

The only way that springs to mind for accessing the harddrive directly, without going through the os, is to access is through a DOS-like os and assembler code, which aren't exactly the easiest thing in the world...

Hi Garibaldi,
For removing HPA(Host Protected Area) driver is written which is loaded by Service routine...Once we create service, "Service" key be added for the application which shouldn't be happened...As our project specifications, no data be added...
Hence we wish to access Hard disk directly without using any API call...It should be work for FAT12/16/32 and NTFS file systems. or else is it possible don't storing data in Registry...Please send me solution asap...

Best Regards,
mohan.

I found some information on how to do it in Linux here, with the specific code here... You might be able to modify it for use with windows.

Though I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for...

BTW: what sort of project is this?

Mr. Garibaldi,
Instead of ioctl in setmax.c, I used DeviceIOControl in window version. I passed the param to the function
HDIO_DRIVE_CMD_AEB, // operation to perform
But the function is not executing. It gives "incorrect function" error... Please send me further details regarding this one...

Best Regards,
mohan.

Sorry, I don't have the knowledge required to help you out with this.

But perhaps someone else can.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back