HOW to Not load NORTON 06 or HOW to Remove it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norton 06 reduces my 1.7 Ghz lappy to the performance of a 486. I like to run the occasional RTS game and use music software alot. But Norton makes this unbearable. I have tried so many different tweaks, but nothing really helps. I am down to asking if there is a way to boot my computer and not have the Norton Suite load when I want to use music or game softare. I have tried disableing it, but it still hogs the same amount of memory and is still slow and jerky. I tried a startup boot cop program, but that just stoped the tray part, the rest of the Norton files still load the machine down.
Is there a way to selectively load or not load Norton at boot time?

Otherwise if there is not, can someone suggest a good source that describes in detail how to successfully and safely remove Norton. I have heard that just doing an Uninstall, really still leaves most of it there.

jonjonz said:
Otherwise if there is not, can someone suggest a good source that describes in detail how to successfully and safely remove Norton. I have heard that just doing an Uninstall, really still leaves most of it there.
There`s a Norton product remover HERE

There are also manual removal instructions on the symantec web site somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back