How to open a Dell Dimension case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a used Dell dimension 8100, I want to open the box to install a PCI card but it does not have any screws holding the case and I can not find where the clips are. Any help is appreciated.

This is how to open the 8200 case,I`m thinking it might be only one button for yours.-

"You open the case by laying it on its side, pressing two buttons, and folding it open like a book.We found it awkward to simultaneously press two large release buttons and lift the case open, and we encountered some uncomfortable resistance in swinging it all the way open."

I have a Dell 8250 and that's how it opens (just opened it last week), kind of like a clamshell. There are two large oval buttons, one on the top front and a corresponding one on the bottom. When facing the front of the PC, the left side is the one that swings up.

Many thanks for all who replied to my question. I finally got the case to open, and compared to my other two desktops this one has no screws to hold any of the components like the CD drive and even the fan, I guess that is how Dell reduces the assembly time. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back