TechSpot

how to open ports on a motorola canopy wireless router

By ragez0r
Nov 17, 2006
  1. hi, i have wireless internet access through a motorola canopy wireless router, and i just want to open up port 21, because no1 can connect to my ftp or i cant connect to other ftp's.. i dont know why, ive tried port 21 and other ports as well but nothing seems 2 b working and its extremely fustrating, now i have access to the router config. and the only place i can put ports is something called "user defined port filtering configuration" and it also asks me to put in some decimal value.. well that kinda throws me off so.. huh.. if anyone can help, id really appreciate it...

thanks in advance

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

First, FTP is much more complicated than just forwarding port 21. You might want to read up on FTP and firewalls :)

Second, the exact model of the router would be helpful..

3. ragez0r

ragez0r TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 83

really ? wow, always figured that file transfer protocols were simple, but fair enuf...

as for the router.. no idea the model #... all i know is that its a 5.7 ghz multipoint something... i dunno if it helps at all... but as i said, i have access to the settings

ummm.. the software is canopy 7.2 hehhehhe

wish i could tell u more

thanks

4. ragez0r

anyone ??? plz

5. ragez0r

aw man, im being hung out ta dry...:(

6. ragez0r

going once.. going twice.......