How to Overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase123

Could any expert at overclocking give me tips and tell me how to do it properly step by step im new to all this overclocking ... I have a intel pentium d 3.00ghz processor

Thanks

If you want to overclock that's not the best processor to do it on.

I'm assuming this is a prebuilt system, maybe through dell?

no most the parts i put in my self... But still it would be nice to learn a bit about overclocking for the future .... could you give me a step by step guide on how to do overclocking and how to do it safely

Ok, well I'm sure you're familiar with the bios menu then. First you want to bump up your fsb maybe 5fsb, at a time, until you get about a 10% overclock. That would put you at about 3.3Ghz. At that point it may be wise to bump up the fsb by 1-2 each time you restart. You need to find out where your system stops maintaining stability on stock voltage. To make sure your voltage isnt automatically changed from overclocking, you want to put vcore on manual. I'd say a good number to set it to would be 1.4.

I think the biggest issue with overclocking those processors is the heat. I hope you have decent cooling. Remember that there is always risk in overclocking your cpu or any other main component in your computer. The main killer of pc's is heat. Remember that

Like supersmashbrada said, those Pentium Ds aren't really good for overclocking. This is mainly due to the heat it produces, even when not overclocked.

You will definitely need a big aftermarket cooler if you're gonna get any decent, discernible improvement in performance. Just remember that numbers isn't the name of the game, you yourself must see an improvement for the overclock to be worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back