How to partion a flash drive????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally formatted a RiDATA flash drive under Windows XP and after that instead of a 256Mb flash drive it shows 2Mb!! anyone has an idea how to partion a flash drive. I dunno how it happened but the drive is a FAT????
Thank you..

Some HD partitioning tools work fine fith flash drives. Just try out some. The basic ones like Windows Disk Manager or fdisk are the best bets.

Also, your flash drive should have come with some utilities too.

Nice utility to format flash drives, gives full drive space - can even make them bootable...give it a try, works fine on both my Lexar and SanDisk USB keys... :bounce:

Go to HP's website, look for "Windows-based Format Utility for HP Drive Key or DiskOnKey USB Device"

TnXXXX!!

Thank you guys for you advice. I solved my problem. I downloaded some utility on softpedia.com and voila!!!!!!! works great. Great forum!

I also a problem about my flash drive its SONY 8Gigabytes. i tried USB Disk Storage Format Tool & computer management on admin tools, its always appear an error about "Format did not complete successfully" and it wont partition and format my flash drive. Is there solution for my flash drive? thanks

As I have gathered, Windows is braindead about flash drives and partitions. Even if you manage to partition the thing (like using any decet non-Windows OS), Windows probably won't show you anything but the first one.

I've also used different kind of software to format my flash drive but it did'nt work. Right now i have a bigger problem, i partition the flash drive and format it to FAT32 and in the processing of formatting the flash drive the result is unformatted. Then after on that problem, i check the flash drive to my computer, the driver of a flash drive is gone but if i detect it to my software that i been using, it was detected. i used "HP utility for formatting USB flash drives" software. . Is there any other solutions to format my SONY Micro-Vault 8Gigabytes Flash drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back