How to permanently set Priority to a program?

By Lightingbird
Sep 6, 2009
  1. Anyone know how to do this?

I know you can simply go into the task manager and do it yourself but I wanted to see if there was a way to make the program always run in a set priority. I was trying this program on the target line of its shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Labyrinth\camelot.exe"

I added this:

"start/high C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Labyrinth\camelot.exe"

It keeps saying invalid. Thats pretty much the only way I thought it would work. Anyone have an idea how to set this up?
  2. Jawshh

Jawshh TS Enthusiast Posts: 392

I use cacheman 7. You just have to open the program and select the process, right click and click " set priority sticky ". Done. You don't have to buy the full version.

Good Luck.
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,153   +598

Almost :)
    "[B]start /high[/B] C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Labyrinth\camelot.exe"
    note the SPACE between start and /high :)
  4. Lightingbird

Lightingbird TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 44

Nope didn't work. I was hoping to avoid using a program to do this but I guess I might have too.
  5. jobeard

hum; get the taskmgr running
    then get a command prompt and enter

start /high tracert

find tracert, right-click->set Priority will show it already running HIGH
  6. Lightingbird

Lightingbird TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 44

Someone recommended Cacherman 7. It works great and have some other nice things on it. I tried all of the command prompts in the shortcuts and it will not work. Just typing it myself via the command prompt is not what I'm looking to do to resolve this.
  7. jobeard

I understood that, but first you tried it with a syntax error, then you said it didn't work
    when it does as shown. You could automate it, but if you like the Cacherman 7 solution fine with me. Just don't bite the hand that feeds you :(
  8. Jawshh

Jawshh TS Enthusiast Posts: 392

Well yes it is a useful program. The other functions are registry edits, it will configure your registry according to the type of configuration you selected. However, only a basic optimization is enabled in the free version. But anyways, these settings can be entered manually in the registry.;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.