How to recover corrupted items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Im formatting a external SATA HD as I type this and want to take all my folders and files off a partition I made from my internal 200GB and add them to my new SATA as its my new back up only drive. The problem is the folders and files say "access is denied" and when I right-click them, I get 0 bytes. The particular partition these files, folders, are on, was being recognized as a corrupted drive and on about 4 restarts total so far the check disk took 7 mins to delete some index's, recover orphaned files and one other thing I forget. After this happened there were some things I could open and others I couldnt, but now the drive/partition at the moment is "not corrupted" and I cant access any of the files. Is there a way to get them back by software or something? Also if this matters or not, at one point the drive/partition had a few hundered files and folders with weird names likes "c6d9f7g8s6g75j..." and once was also totally blank except for one file; but both incidences had the exact same MB used as when it was "good". Any ideas on how I can get my stuff back before I reformat the partition to fix its "corruption"? Thanks.

Try a data recovery program such as "Restoration", else, I don't know.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back