TechSpot

how to recover deleted secondary harddrive

By lda007
Feb 14, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I accidentally deleted my second hard drive. Is there a way to reverse to accident? Preferable Free.

HDD2: 200 GIG - Deleted
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

To restore your whole partition, there's a few good utilities out there. Unfortunately, the ones I have used are all payware.

There is one that is pretty well put together though, and is completely free. http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

When you fire it up, it will ask you for your language and then start a wizard of sorts. Choose the last option, "Find lost drive". With any luck, you'll be able to restore it. :)

If the partition you have deleted has since been repartitioned and written to since you've deleted your data, then recovery chances become very slim.
  3. OpTiMuSpRiMe

OpTiMuSpRiMe TS Rookie Posts: 211

or you could just download Winhex and that will solve all your issues even if there are no hard drive flags on the drive you will still be able to get most of the info back.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.