how to recover my windows partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Hi, I just reinstalled my windows XP onto my C drive and I had 2 other partitions made with the previous install, but this reinstall wont recognize them. Is there a windows setting or method I can do to recover them without buying special software? The partitions are not corrupted or anything, just the reinstall of this windows doesnt see them. I checked google, but all I got was offers to buy software to fix this. Thanks.

At the time I was using a Knoppix cd which recognized all three partitions and allowed me to access them as well. Because of that I knew they were there, but Knoppix code couldnt restore them since I needed some add on and I tried a free Windows program, but that destroyed the partitions without restoring them so I've reformatted anyway.

Know of any software that is good for restoring partitions that doesnt cost too much? Also, you know of a way that if Windows gets destroyed and needs a reinstall, that I can save the current partitions while reformatting and reinstalling on the Windows partition? I thought you could, but lately it seems that upon reformat and reinstall of Windows, it ignores my perfectly fine paritions which is getting annoying. Thanks.

to just go to the windows CD install and only ask it to format and then reinstall windows should work for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back