Inactive How to recover/ repair corrupted files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 250 GB capacity WD external Hard disk that contains my important work related data of around 240 GB.

The disk got corrupted with Shortcut Virus and I used an antivirus and removed that virus, but still I could see only 100gb data in the disk but entire 240 gb was shown as utilized space.

In order to repair/recover the hidden/corrupted files, I googled and tried these two commands without even knowing what they do First I tried command "Chkdsk g:/r" and with no result ; I tried "attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*" I dont know anyth about these commands just tried it based on some random suggestions on net and expected some magic.

Now I am stuck with some of the data of 100gb which was earlier visible has changed to some files/ folders with random names consisting of weird symbols and date of file/folders has corrupted to 2014, 2064, 2046, 1980 etc and none of them are accessible.

Please help me in repairing this 100 gb data and to recover remaining 140gb data which is not visible.

Data is Imp...please help.
Regards

Welcome aboard

Let's see if your computer is clean.
Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back