How to remove a failed installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tES_tHehYBriD

Hello,
I wanted to install Unreal 2: The Awakening on my computer, but while I was at 60%, the computer rebooted (it does that randomly at times)... So, I attempted to reinstall the game, but every time I try, it only offers to uninstall the previous installation... Is there any way for me to remove the failed installation so I can install it again?
Thanks in advance,
TH

Locate the folder in Program Files on Drive C: Delete the folder.
Then use RegClean or other free low level registry editor to remove all instances of the program in all panels of the registry edit by placing them in the backup folder there.
Then reboot. You should no longer see it in the Add and Remove Programs list. Now attempt the reinstall.

click on start go to settings and then click on control panel when youre in control panel go to add or remove programs and find the game.click on it and press remove.

How much of a noob do you think i am? :blackeye:
I've already tried that, it will just jump from 0% uninstall to 100%, say that it's been successfully uninstalled, and then remain on the last and all...

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

If you delete just the game folder, you may still have issues that will prevent a new install. You may also need to remove the entries in the registry that relate to program name and/or company name.
Be sure to reboot after all are removed.

Done that already... no change... T_T

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Try going to SEARCH in the start menu and type in the game's name, and all names that it would be under like EPIC GAMES. Then if you find the files, delete them.

"but every time I try, it only offers to uninstall the previous installation" ; and thus I assume you said OK and it did what?

tES_tHehYBriD said:
How much of a noob do you think i am? :blackeye:
I've already tried that, it will just jump from 0% uninstall to 100%, say that it's been successfully uninstalled, and then remain on the last and all...
I've already said that...

Maybe one of the simplest things you can try, is to do a system restore to before you tried to install the game. If that works ok, then you need to address the restarting issue.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps to identify the culprit of your restarts.

Regards Howard :)

Actually, that was in response to a question about using 'Add/Remove Programs', not to the 'Uninstall' message you received from the Game when you tried a new install.

But, have it your way.

Nvm, someone removed a secondary registry I hadn't had any idea about in the Uninstallation folder and now it works... Huzzah!

You Will Need To Format Your Computer If Nothing Works And Then Install What You Want To.formatting Will Take Agesss.if You Don't Want To U Don't Have To But I Think That's The Only Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back