How to Remove Black Warning in the Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was Infected Whit the Adware.Look2Me Treat, But went I Finally Can Uninstall the Treat, I cannot find how to remove the black warning in my desktop, I try to simply change the wallpaper in the desktop but I cannot have access to do the change, because went I open the properties of the screen then desktop I cannot change nothing right there, neither exam, so I cannot look for another wallpaper to put in the desktop, please help me, I will be so gratefully if you can help me, and yes I was using Internet explorer, foolish of me, but this will only happen this time because now I have installed the Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7, I now this is not enough but I hope this will help me in the future. :(

Your user account may not have administrative privileges. Are you an admin user? If so, you could have a policy set, which is why it won't let you change the background pic. But see if you can do this instead:

1) Right-click the desktop and choose Properties

2) Choose the "Desktop" tab

3) Click "Customize Desktop"

4) Choose the "Web" tab

5) In this screen you will have a white area, there should be only ONE item, called "My Current Home Page". And the little check box to the left of the name should be UNchecked. If there are more entries, click them one by one and then click the "Delete" button. Once this screen is right, click OK.
------

Hopefully that was it. If not, you can check policies in the Registry in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies

If you see a key on the right side that looks like what is stopping you from changing the back ground, then just delete the key on the right side. You'll have to look through each entry under "Policies" to see. I don't know what the actually policy name would be, off the top of my head. You can also check this key under HKLM as well. If you see a policy and delete it, you'll have to log out and back in again for it to take effect, then try changing the background picture again.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Tanks to Vigilante

Tanks to Vigilante

Tanks for the tip but did not work, so I have to do the easy way for me, I Create another user account with administrative privileges so I can eliminate the original user account with the problem and now is all back to normal I think, well I hope, anyway so much tanks for the help.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back