TechSpot

How to remove trojano 3295

By nobleman
Mar 22, 2006
  1. My first post... :)

I have Avast 4.6 Pro. The last 5 days a virus is detected. When I tried to move it to chest or delete nothing can be done because the application is on pending. I I scheduled to clean the infected file and restart the laptop... but then after 1-2 hrs it comes back again!

Is there any idea?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run your antivirus programme again and see if you can delete the infection.

If not, please post back.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. nobleman

nobleman TS Rookie Topic Starter

The problem is that the infected file is deleted everytime after restart before windows log on... but then, it comes again... anyway, I will try your way and post again... thx for quick reply... :)

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Do Howard's thingies, then delete ALL files from C:\WINDOWS\TEMP

Then run HJT and have it fix:
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm

5. nobleman

Unfortunately, negative result!!! :(

PS What about this:
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: winrvc32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winrvc32.dll

6. howard_hopkinso

7. nobleman

Thank you, but I need 2 days to complete all the above mentioned tasks... I think it is better to format and reinstall winXP...

8. howard_hopkinso

I wouldn`t have thought it`d take anywhere near that long lol.

However, it`s your call I guess.

Regards Howard :)

9. nobleman

I have most of the adware/spyware tools that have already found the trojan but somehow it is generated again!
    Nevertheless, the big problem is on-line scanning, it takes ages even for ADSL... :approve:

10. howard_hopkinso

Just go and make yourself a cup of coffee, while the online scan is running.

A reformat would take a lot longer.

But, as I said earlier, it`s your call.

11. nobleman

Not to mention the $$ I need to buy the software that the proposed websites demand!!! :unch:

12. howard_hopkinso

Lol :haha:

If you decide to follow the instructions I gave you. I`ll be happy to take a look at your HJT log.

I think that sometimes, a system can be that infected, a reformat and reinstall is the way to go. However, without seeing your HJT log, I don`t know if that`s the case with your system.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

13. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

FYI, all programs that I advise to download, are either FREE or functional enough in their trial-version, to sort any problems.
    Starting from scratch, it should not take more than 2 hours to run the whole lot!

14. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

I don't buy software if I don't have to. All my stuff is either open-source, free, or an authorized licensed government copy from work.

The only programs I usually buy are games. I did buy a copy of diskkeeper about a year ago.

I have never had to buy an anti-trojan or anti-spam. The freeware editions available work just fine.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.