How to remove trojano 3295

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobleman

My first post... :)

I have Avast 4.6 Pro. The last 5 days a virus is detected. When I tried to move it to chest or delete nothing can be done because the application is on pending. I I scheduled to clean the infected file and restart the laptop... but then after 1-2 hrs it comes back again!

Is there any idea?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run your antivirus programme again and see if you can delete the infection.

If not, please post back.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

The problem is that the infected file is deleted everytime after restart before windows log on... but then, it comes again... anyway, I will try your way and post again... thx for quick reply... :)

Do Howard's thingies, then delete ALL files from C:\WINDOWS\TEMP

Then run HJT and have it fix:
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm

RealBlackStuff said:
Do Howard's thingies, then delete ALL files from C:\WINDOWS\TEMP

Then run HJT and have it fix:
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm

Unfortunately, negative result!!! :(

PS What about this:
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winrvc32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winrvc32.dll

howard_hopkinso said:
Go and have your computer scanned HERE.

Then, go and read both these threads by RBS. Follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Then see. How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Post a fresh HJT log, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

Thank you, but I need 2 days to complete all the above mentioned tasks... I think it is better to format and reinstall winXP...

nobleman said:
Thank you, but I need 2 days to complete all the above mentioned tasks... I think it is better to format and reinstall winXP...

I wouldn`t have thought it`d take anywhere near that long lol.

However, it`s your call I guess.

howard_hopkinso said:
I wouldn`t have thought it`d take anywhere near that long lol.

However, it`s your call I guess.

I have most of the adware/spyware tools that have already found the trojan but somehow it is generated again!
Nevertheless, the big problem is on-line scanning, it takes ages even for ADSL... :approve:

nobleman said:
I have most of the adware/spyware tools that have already found the trojan but somehow it is generated again!
Nevertheless, the big problem is on-line scanning, it takes ages even for ADSL... :approve:

Just go and make yourself a cup of coffee, while the online scan is running.

A reformat would take a lot longer.

But, as I said earlier, it`s your call.

nobleman said:
Not to mention the $$ I need to buy the software that the proposed websites demand!!! :unch:

Lol :haha:

If you decide to follow the instructions I gave you. I`ll be happy to take a look at your HJT log.

I think that sometimes, a system can be that infected, a reformat and reinstall is the way to go. However, without seeing your HJT log, I don`t know if that`s the case with your system.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

FYI, all programs that I advise to download, are either FREE or functional enough in their trial-version, to sort any problems.
Starting from scratch, it should not take more than 2 hours to run the whole lot!

I don't buy software if I don't have to. All my stuff is either open-source, free, or an authorized licensed government copy from work.

The only programs I usually buy are games. I did buy a copy of diskkeeper about a year ago.

I have never had to buy an anti-trojan or anti-spam. The freeware editions available work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back