TechSpot

How to retrieve license keys

By kwspony
Aug 22, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys. As part of my job I have been given the task of software inventory. I need to retrieve software keys on all of our PC's and add them to our database. Does anyone know of a software I can use to retrieve keys? Or is this a shady task because of all the piracy going on?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

3. PRBROWN

PRBROWN Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

He's right. Belarc Advisor is your best bet. Good luck......
  4. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

another one is SIW, under the "Secrets" menu
  5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Very interesting N3051M. I just did this on my computer and it only shows me my autocomplete username/passwords and windows messenger username/passwords.

I don't see anything about software and serials.

By the way, I love that program. Can come in very handy at times.
  6. kwspony

kwspony TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 159

I picked up BelArc yesterday. It seems to do well, I also have had SIW and like it. I will be using both to do my inventory. Thanks guys!
  7. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

Ooo.. interesting.. i was meant to say look under "licences" but i guess you'd probably figured that out by now..
  8. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

Belarc works fine, but one of the better Keyfinders available now is JSKeyfinder. it will find the keys for 170 different programs and is adding more as the program is updated.

http://jalapenosoftware.com/
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,494   +292

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.