How to rid myself of unneeded RAID controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugawug

i have a RAID controller under device manager that is sitting there needlessly, and after doing research, may be the cause of some system errors i get.

but i can't figure out how to get rid of this thing! in device manager it's there, but there is no option to disable. only to uninstall, which i did and when windows re-boots, it auto installs a generic driver for it.

i don't see any RAID settings in my BIOS at all...what can i do? btw, i'm using 2 SATA drives on my Asus A8V Deluxe's VIA SATA controller...

The thing in the BIOS you're looking for is called Onboard Promise Controller,it's in the advanced menu section under onboard devices configuration.

Promise Controller I already have disabled actually... And still my device mananger shows a SATA RAID device....

thanks for reply peterdiva...i'm not in front of my machine, but i would guess my VIA controller is enabled as my two hard drives are run of it...
is the VIA controller aka SATA BootROM?
SATA BootROM i do not have disabled...

The SATA BootRom has to be the VIA controller,which means it has to be enabled,but as you said there's no RAID settings.

So I had a look on ASUS's website for a separate SATA driver and there isn't one.The only driver is called SATA RAID driver package,so I would just go ahead and install this driver,it should either ask to install just the SATA driver or it uses the same one for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back