TechSpot

How To?? RT2500 WLAN

By mossy
Dec 22, 2005
  1. hey lads hows going thats my first post here in the forum and hope i'll get some help, am sure i will :)

anyway my problem is i have a laptop its made by TARGA its german made, anyway i own this laptop for more than a year, but last week just had my broadband wireless, and this laptop had a built in wireless network (802.11g MiniPCI Wireless Network Adapter Ralink Chipset RT2500), i have a wireless network at home, my laptop wont pick any thing for the wireless not even in college or friends house that have wireless network, but if i used my dad laptop which its same made works fine no bother.

i have tried everything but nothing help me, but i think maybe i should turn on my wireless network, its some configuration that i must do but i dont know where and how?? so if anyone knows anything about this plz let me know

thnx a lot

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Do you have the drivers installed for your wireless adapter? Some laptops have a switch that you have to use to activate the radio. You may also need to use some special wireless software instead of the Windows builtin.

3. mossy

mossy TS Rookie Topic Starter

i do ya, i have installed my drivers alrite, will u tell me what prog. will i use to switch on my radio plz?

thnx in advanced

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

The software is provided with the wireless drivers either by Targa or Ralink.

5. mossy

ya i do have the prog. that came with the wireless but when i open it, it says (Windows is currently managing this adapter) and all the options are highlighted to grey that i cant do anything with them... :confused:

any suggestion??

6. David Alexandru

David Alexandru TS Rookie Posts: 24

should reinstall them :haha:

7. mossy

i did that, didnt work at all

8. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 669

you'll have to disable the wireless networking service.

9. mossy

i tried that and still same,,,

any other suggestions plz!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.