How to set up master and slave on Hard Drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baltan

Hi Guys

I have found an old 4gb Hard drive which I wont to use but I cant seem to set the master and slave correctly. The 4gb Hard drive has nothing on it. I have tried to set the main one to master and the 4 GB to slave but when i boot it tries to load from the 4gb hard drive?

Why is this and how can i fix it? I purley wont to use the 4gb for testing small programmes.

Please can you help

Baltan :wave:

First, set the jumpers on the 4gig hard drive to slave. there should be a diagram on the drive that shows the position of the jumpers. Set the jumpers on your main hard drive to master, again look at the diagram on the hard drive for jumper settings. Connect the master drive to the end of the IDE cable and the slave drive to the connector that is part way down the ide cable.

Start your computer and see if both drives are detected on the primary ide channel in the correct order.

Regards Howard :)

You set the jumpers incorrectly then, check your BIOS to make sure it is seeing the drives properly, and then force your larger HD to be the first boot device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back