How to split DL DVD bootable ISO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I wish to split the Dual Layer DVD ISO of Opensuse into two normal DVD isos in a way that even after that they could install the complete operating system. Please inform me if there exists some good software to do so. And as I am not a technical person, could you please inform me in easy language step by step how to do this? Please guide. Thanks

Actually you'd probably be best off downloading the CD versions and putting the contents onto seperate DVDs. You can't really split the files off of the DL iso easily because the install scripts expect the files in the same directory. the CD version doesn't, really... but it can still be wonky. Some installers assume they'll find the needed files in the /cdrom/installdir and get pissy because it's always supposed to be there, and others say "ok, not in this directory, so let's just ask what directory during this cd change."

Not being an opensuse fan myself, I can't say for sure how it'll work. But I suspect it'll be much less painful than splitting an install that's already merged.

btw, welcome to Techspot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back