TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop all e-mail notifications

By RustyTech
Nov 17, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I'd like to continue getting the notifications on the top right, but how do I stop all e-mail notifications?
    I really am tired of getting 10s if not 100s of e-mails...

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,100   +664

3. RustyTech

RustyTech Topic Starter

Fantastic! thank you!

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,588   +885

5. Julio Franco

Only time that happens to me (I have email disabled on the CP as well) is when I purposely select to get email notifications on news comment threads, which is still selectable on the news view when posting.

6. Nodeity

Nodeity TS Rookie

I have everything unchecked that I can find in my settings and still getting email alerts. What is CP? I like to monitor posts until they stop receiving replies, I hate having to delete emails for replies that aren't directed at me. Any chance we will see a fix for this?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  7. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,778   +342

CP? I believe its Control Panel.

8. Julio Franco

Please check the control panel and also your watched threads. There is no way you get email alerts if those are disabled for a given thread (or as a general setting). Thanks.