TechSpot

how to tell wether you have a agp or pci slot

By binow14
Dec 31, 2006
  1. hellow I have a 3 year old dell that has a navidia 4 mx 420 video card and want to upgrade. I was just wondering how to figure out whether I have a pci or agp slot.

thnx.

2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Download this; http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-138.zip, open it and run cpuz.exe and then look under the mainboard tab, and list the motherboard name and model # back here. By the way, welcome to Techspot :wave: !

3. binow14

binow14 TS Rookie Topic Starter

motheboard name and mod

motherboard: Dell computer cortp.
    mod: omo321

4. Grafficks

Grafficks TS Rookie Posts: 302

Actually, while you're already in the Mainboard tab, look under "Graphic Interface" and copy that and post it here. That just saves us the extra google search when we know the name of your mobo.

EDIT: That motherboard info doesn't tell us anything at all (i google'd "omo321"), it's best you look under the "Graphic Interface" after all

5. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 596

Or just crack open your case, and look at the bottom left, and if there is one slot that dosnt match all the others you have AGP, if they all match you have PCI.

6. binow14

I might be in trouble. becuse it dose not say any thing under graphic interface. it is just blank. :(

7. cfitzarl

Follow F1N3ST's approach and open up the case.

8. binow14

thay are the same so it is pci.
    thanx for the help. :D

9. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 596

Do you need any help deciding a card? We can help :)

10. cfitzarl

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.