How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

g4mer

Hi, I was looking to update my motherboard drivers and there I found update for
my BIOS. My mobo is MSi K8N NEO4 Platinum [MS-7125] 1.0. I downloaded update for BIOS, and I got 4 files: 7125 - Text document that says what is that update doing. it says: This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Improve compatibility problem with nVidia graphic card
- Improve stability problem when doing overclock behavior.
Im getting a new nVidia gpu, and + my system is unstable when oc so I really need this update. I also got a exe. file, and some 160. file. when I click that exe file nothing happens. Last file I got is called How To Flash the BIOS.doc. Do I have to read that file in order to update bios?? I dont understand English very well, is FLASHING bios updating BIOS?

Attachments

• How to flash the BIOS.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 163
Unless you are having a problem that the BIOS update will solve, I recommend not flashing the BIOS. There is a risk. If something goes wrong with the flash whether it's your mistake or a power outage or something else, your motherboard could become useless. This is a risk especially if you are not sure how to read the instructions on how to do it.

Do you have a problem that you think updating the BIOS will fix?

I dont have any problems, exept when i overclock cpu my pc restarts. This update is supposed to Improve stability when overclocking. Maybe that will fix it, but im not sure. Its not a big deal anyway.

I may have mentioned it before in a previous post (I can't remember for sure) but I have that same motherboard in one of my other PCs. There was some risk but I flashed my BIOS using MSI Live Update. That is probably the simplest way to do it. If you have an unreliable internet connection, don't use Live Update.

I tried to update bios with live update. It only shows me one bios update that will display mobo logo when starting pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back