TechSpot

How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

By g4mer
Feb 22, 2010
  1. Hi, I was looking to update my motherboard drivers and there i found update for
    my BIOS. My mobo is MSi K8N NEO4 Platinum [MS-7125] 1.0. I downloaded update for BIOS, and i got 4 files: 7125 - Text document that says what is that update doing. it says: This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
    - Improve compatibility problem with nVidia graphic card
    - Improve stability problem when doing overclock behavior.
    Im getting a new nVidia gpu, and + my system is unstable when oc so i really need this update. I also got a exe. file, and some 160. file. when i click that exe file nothing happens. Last file i got is called How To Flash the BIOS.doc. Do i have to read that file in order to update bios?? I dont understand English very well, is FLASHING bios updating BIOS?

Attached Files:

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,481   +233

Unless you are having a problem that the BIOS update will solve, I recommend not flashing the BIOS. There is a risk. If something goes wrong with the flash whether it's your mistake or a power outage or something else, your motherboard could become useless. This is a risk especially if you are not sure how to read the instructions on how to do it.

Do you have a problem that you think updating the BIOS will fix?

3. g4mer

g4mer TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 340

I dont have any problems, exept when i overclock cpu my pc restarts. This update is supposed to Improve stability when overclocking. Maybe that will fix it, but im not sure. Its not a big deal anyway.

4. mailpup

I may have mentioned it before in a previous post (I can't remember for sure) but I have that same motherboard in one of my other PCs. There was some risk but I flashed my BIOS using MSI Live Update. That is probably the simplest way to do it. If you have an unreliable internet connection, don't use Live Update.

5. g4mer

I tried to update bios with live update. It only shows me one bios update that will display mobo logo when starting pc.

6. mailpup

What is the problem with this?

7. g4mer

I dont need that update. Its not helping at all.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.