How to upgrade my PC

I am having trouble getting my FPS up to around 60 fps in most games, and games like Skyrim, The Witcher etc. are virtually unplayable.
Here is my setup:
Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Operationsystem: Windows 10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50 GHz
Memory: 8GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co, Ltd. H97-HD3

Now, I know that I probably have to get a new graphiccard but I am not sure which ones I am able to replace with. Furthermore if there is any other part of my setup that could be caursing lack please tell me.

I'd say a GPU is all you need. Assuming your PSU is strong enough to power the GPU you choose to go with. I'm an nVidia fan so the 1060/1070 would be the cards I look at. If you have the budget and want to go all the way, the 1080 is the way to go, that is if you go with nVidia. It has been a bit since I looked up AMD's equivalents.

Thnaks for the advice! My brother has the GTX 750Ti and it runs most games pretty smoothly. Would that be too old to go for now?

Not at all too old. I'm currently using a 660. That card will at least get you in the game. If you decide you want something better later on, then you can make that decision at that time.

I thought think that was the case but could not fint any clear answers.
I think my case is of standard size as well so hopefully that wont be a problem.
Thanks for the quick help!

I'd say if u buy a high end video card MOST LIKELY you'd need to upgrade your power supply (PSU). A 600 watt Antec, Seasonic or EVGA Gold 80+ should do. Some Corsair PSU's are built by Seasonic, and they are fine, but not ALL Corsair Psu's are. Which is why I don't recommend Corsair for psu's.

Skip the GTX 750Ti.......get at least a gtx 970 if u game at 1080p.

Back