TechSpot

How to use a game catridge on a pc.

By Radwen
Mar 24, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, basicly I want to figure out how I can read a game catridge through a computer.

I'm trying to build a personnal (non-lucrative/non-commercial) console. I was wondering how I would get lets say a NES reader plugged on a PC. Then I would have to find a way to emulate the game.

Do any of you guys know where I should start my research ?

More info on me and my project available in my intro post :
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic46787.html

Any form of help will be appreciated.

2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

There are a couple of places to start from, one of which is here. It is a page about an ISA controller card which is able to read NES cartridges (or at least connect to them in some way).

There is also what seems to be a similar project here, so you might want to get in touch with the person behind that. Aside from that, I suggest searching both the internet and usenet, as there might be people who's done it before and documented how to do it there.

Good Luck!

3. Radwen

Radwen TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

Great ! I found a very usefull link on the second link you posted. It brought me to some very usefull information.
    The first link is excellent reference.

Thanks a lot. I'll start by creating a 5.25" nes drive for my pc. I guess this will occupy me long enough .. so I won't start thinking about snes, 64 .. etc :rolleyes: .

Anyways, greatly appreciated.

Work time now :cool:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.