How to use a game catridge on a pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radwen

Hi, basicly I want to figure out how I can read a game catridge through a computer.

I'm trying to build a personnal (non-lucrative/non-commercial) console. I was wondering how I would get lets say a NES reader plugged on a PC. Then I would have to find a way to emulate the game.

Do any of you guys know where I should start my research ?

More info on me and my project available in my intro post :
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic46787.html

Any form of help will be appreciated.

There are a couple of places to start from, one of which is here. It is a page about an ISA controller card which is able to read NES cartridges (or at least connect to them in some way).

There is also what seems to be a similar project here, so you might want to get in touch with the person behind that. Aside from that, I suggest searching both the internet and usenet, as there might be people who's done it before and documented how to do it there.

Good Luck!

Great ! I found a very usefull link on the second link you posted. It brought me to some very usefull information.
The first link is excellent reference.

Thanks a lot. I'll start by creating a 5.25" nes drive for my pc. I guess this will occupy me long enough .. so I won't start thinking about snes, 64 .. etc :rolleyes: .

Anyways, greatly appreciated.

Work time now :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back