TechSpot

How to use ghost parameters

By nirtal
Jan 18, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i'm haveing problems running ghost automaticaly
    i have 1 disk with 3 paratitions 1,2 ntfs and 3 is fat32 my image is on paratition 3 and i want to make a bootdisk the automaticaly opens the image to paratition number 2
    if anyone knows how to do it ill be very happy..... tanks

2. scarmom

scarmom TS Rookie

รงรง

3. Goalie

Goalie TS Rookie Posts: 703

I don't know your version.. but you may want to try this:

-clone,mode=pload,src=PATHTOGHOST:1,dst=1:2

Replace PATHTOGHOST with the path as the bootdisk sees it.. IE: c:\backup\ghostfile.gho

-clone tells it we're workign iwth a partition clone.. mode=pload tells it we're loading a partition. src is the sourcefile, in format drive:\path\file:partition from image. So the PATH:1 above assumes the ghost only has one partition in the image. dst tells it the destination.. in this case, disk 1, partition 2.

Information pulled from http://ghosting.netfirms.com/switchesal.htm and http://ghosting.netfirms.com/automat.htm
    Don't hold me responsible if this doesn't work- make a backup of your full drive somewhere else just in case!

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

5. Abkhiangte

Abkhiangte TS Rookie

Helo. this is my first time

6. Abkhiangte

Abkhiangte TS Rookie

i'm haveing problems running ghost automaticaly
    i have 1 disk with 5 paratitions my image is on paratition 5 and i want to make a bootdisk that can automaticaly opens the image to paratition number 5
    if anyone knows how to do this, help me

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.