How to watercool....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice :grinthumb ! I never have seen the need to watercool my system, but I know a lot of people need it ;) .

Water is not actually dangerous to computers. Well at least not disteilled (SP)water. Rain water and sink water is bad for computers, because thats not pure water. So not pure water kills PCs.

Thats all I know besides the fact you need water blocks.

TEC cooling has the ability to fry your computer more than watercooling would. TECs can cause condensation, which is water that goes everywhere, instead of being contained in a nice tube....

This might happen when your comp's running a little idle, temps might just go below ambient.

I'm considering watercooling for my comp. But I overclock tho, and lower temps are always good for that.

Besides, watercooling lowers system noise levels. All in all, if you can afford a good watercooling setup, its all good. Just be careful when installing it in terms of leaks, etc.

supersmashbrada said:
i could never get with the whole mixing water with electricity thing
washing machines and dishwashers have been mixing electricity and water for decades ;)

if designed & installed correctly, water cooling is perfectly safe. even if it leaks it's still no big deal as long as you dry it off afterwards.

supersmashbrada said:
lol yeah, im using thermoelectric cooling for now, is working great for 150usd
if you're referring to the CoolIt Eliminator CPU Cooler in your sig, then you are already water cooling. The Eliminator is a water cooling system which uses TECs in place of a radiator.

:wave:

KingCody said:
if you're referring to the CoolIt Eliminator CPU Cooler in your sig, then you are already water cooling. The Eliminator is a water cooling system which uses TECs in place of a radiator.

pwned :D

I was wondering why the heck would anyone run TEC without watercooling.... I've seen some aircooling TEC systems around, but the performance just doen't seems to justify the extra cost of the TEC, as well as the extra running costs of powering one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back