TechSpot

Howdy

By bibi
Dec 22, 2004
  1. undefined

as a new member, just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone out there a merry xmas.
    would also be grateful for any help on a booting problem which may be familiar to many of you. bios not installed because drivers are not attached. I can't even get into safe mode to make necessary corrections. screen freezes. thanks for your insight. bibi

2. shadow_29

shadow_29 TS Rookie Posts: 211

hello howdy

you said that your bios is not installed.has it been deleted?damaged?outdated??? first of all which bios and mobo do you have???? have you tried to clear cmos from the jumper on mobo.

hope i can be more helpful if you post a little more about your problem

3. bibi

bibi TS Rookie Topic Starter

booting problem

I get the error message mbaultra 33 is not installed because drivers are not attached. I don't even get a chance to go into safe mode or last configuration because the computer freezes every time I get to 0 countdown to Windows. I have tried to boot from A drive with rescue disk or with Windows XP disk from Cd-ROM, to no avail. Problem semss to recur every six months. don't know if it is because of a virus or download incompatability. last program I downloaded was Open Office. Is there a software I can buy to correc`t the probelm ? thanks for help......

4. shadow_29

shadow_29 TS Rookie Posts: 211

you might try a windows 98 boot disk instead if you have available or you can get one froma friend/relative who might still be running windows 98.try and boot froma windows 98 disk you will be taken to the good ol dos with all the old commands at your disposal.like i said earlier the only way to get your bios you will have to google it and look up the model of your motherboard.this might sound redundant but can you access your bios (i am getting a bit confused,here)if yes than find out which bios you do have and which version(look at the top of your bios screen)

tell me what you decide

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.