TechSpot

How's the bits streaming?

By tekman42
Feb 7, 2006
  1. Hey all, how's things going. I'm a new member and this will be my first post so please bear with me.

I am a f/t student LinnState Technical College in Linn Missouri. I am a 3 major student in CCNA, CCNP, and finally Telecommunications. I am just finishing up CCNA4.

I am running an athlon xp 2400+ proc on a K7N2 Delta2 MSI 6570 Nforce2 motherboard with 768mb of pc2100 in a RaidMax Cobra series case with 420W ps. OS is WinXP-Pro SP2 on DSL business class connection. That's 384k to 1.5M of bandwidth for downloads.

I am as of this weekend laying out a substantial amount of cash for a new system to build from scratch. Trying to make up mind about dual core proc or trying an opteron 148 and o'cing the heck out of it but the dual-core outperforms it in all the benchmark tests although not by all that much. I am going to run 2gb of pc3200 ram since I already own a gig of viking pc3200 ddr.

I am going to house everything in I believe a thermaltake case, use a gigabyte 3D Rocket cooler and heatsink so most all processors will be sufficiently cooled no matter what I decide to do. I am also installing a Dual-Layer Dvd burner, "leaning towards the Asus burner with black bezel" and a dvd,cdr-rw combo either from Asus or something close!

See what I mean! I need to shut up and get on with it.

Nice to be here, look forward to visiting and chatting with any and all willing to and maybe sharing some ideas on overclocking, cooling, Windows Vista etc along with networking stuff.

Respectfully yours,
    tekman42

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello tekman42 and welcome to Techspot.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. tekman42

tekman42 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 28   +8

I have already promised my current pc to my mom who's 63 and just learned how to surf and play with the computer last year.

I had to drag her kicking and screaming into the 22nd century doncha know LOL.

Her first question after getting her pc up and running and connected, was of course the classic "What does it do?" What do I do with it?

Well now she is a savvy surfer and understands about antivirus software, spam, E-MAIL, oh yeah baby E-Mail is her thing.

So have to keep mom happy and having fun. That's my motivation to buy my next setup and if I want to run the new O/S coming the 64 bit is a must for me.

Thanks for the reply and hope to have more fun here.

Cheerio and catch you on the backside.

Respectfully,
    tekman42

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.