HP 1120C picture print quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an HP 1120C that has worked problem free for several years. I'm running Windows XP. A few days ago I had a power glitch in the midst of a print job, which shut the printer down. When I restarted it, it was printing jibberish (symbols and unrecognizable letters). I shut the system down, unplugged the printer and restarted the system.
Everything came back to normal except, now when I print an image in black and white (photos etc) instead of a smooth greyscale picture I get a greyscale image covered with small dots (like the old newspaper photos).
The print quality has always been set on "good", which it still is. The dots still appear even when I set the print quality to "best". I've tried reloading the driver and that didn't change anything.
Any ideas how I can get back to my previous print quality and get rid of the "dots"?
Thanks.

Replace your toner first then check image transfer roller should be check for wear. That's under the toner when you pull it out and up. Should be black in color it might be light. Also the toner cover it with a paper so light doesn't shine in it. Also if toner gets on your hands or arms use cold water to wash your hands. Never use hot as using hot water would act as the same way the fuser does to paper. As you can see I know what I am talking about after repairing so may HP LaserJet Printers.

More likely your toner is bad. Also do PMK printer maintiance kit on your printer that should include image transfer roller and some rollers for you. Check what you need on www.printerworks.com.

Make sure all sensors don't have any toner dust on them use a paper towel and wipe the sensors gently. Don't forget to turn off your printer and unplug it when working on it.

Thanks TIPSTIR for the insight but my 1120C is an inkjet printer and not a laserjet.
I'm thinking that the power glitch has reset, or changed, a print setting that I haven't found yet. I've gone throught and changed every setting in the "printer set up" screen and nothing seems to make a difference.
Ron

Inkjet okay, what you can do is check the print heads and where they seat to the right there is a spong type. Make sure you clean that with some cold water on a damp paper towel. Try that see if that helps. I don't like to work on Inkjet and I do have HP IJ around the house and LJ too..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back