HP 854 media center boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamut0o1

Hello, I have a problem with my HP media Center 854 running windows XP. For some reason everytime it's loading XP when I'm about to see the windows logo it just restarts it self in an endless loop. I re-install the OS without problems and the problem persist.
anyone has any ideas what might be wrong.
thanks!

Mamut0o1 said:
Hello, I have a problem with my HP media Center 854 running windows XP. For some reason everytime it's loading XP when I'm about to see the windows logo it just restarts it self in an endless loop. I re-install the OS without problems and the problem persist.
anyone has any ideas what might be wrong.
thanks!

How are you re-install the OS.. Try a different HDD and re-install the OS onto that.

tipstir said:
How are you re-install the OS.. Try a different HDD and re-install the OS onto that.
Yes; I tried re-installing the OS but I did not try a new hard drive.
I'll look for a new drive and let you know.
thanks!

I have another question; I notice that the computer will try to boot but it shuts off;;;
the first time I was able to see the logon screen and then it shut down; the second time and further the pc will just **** down after showing me the HP bootup logo. I plugged in a new Power supply and still the same; I changed the memory and still the same; I replaced the CPU and still the same; could this be the hard drive??
Inever seen this before.
thanks again for your replies!

Does it happen in Safe Mode?
(Repeatively press F8 function key on Windows startup)

If so:
Then it can be Hardware

If not:
Then it may be a program or driver issue
Run MSCONFIG and turn off all startups and go back to Normal mode to test again

Mamut0o1 said:
I have another question; I notice that the computer will try to boot but it shuts off;;;
the first time I was able to see the logon screen and then it shut down; the second time and further the pc will just **** down after showing me the HP bootup logo. I plugged in a new Power supply and still the same; I changed the memory and still the same; I replaced the CPU and still the same; could this be the hard drive??
Inever seen this before.
thanks again for your replies!

I would only replace the CPU if you were in Windows and it shutdown while you're in the middle of typing. I've seen this with a user prior. Everyone though it was MOBO, so that was replaced 3 times and still the problem. RAM also was replace. But it was the CPU.

What happens if you press F8 and go into safe mode does the system stay on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back