HP Compaq nw8240 - Process @ 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

when i log into the Domain on this particular laptop, it logins about 2-3 secs longer than usual.
Then when actually logged in the network icon in the corner is showing both monitors as blue, instead of flashing, like its at peak usage.
Then, everything slows down, i click on 'Start' and it takes a good minute or two for the menu to appear, then when i hover over 'Programs' it just freezes, and it seems that the CPU is at 100% usage.
In Safe Mode, and Safe Mode w/ Networking, it runs fine.

Does anyone know of any services in the MSC that I can disable that will cause it to function properly in normal mode.

nkarunatilaka said:
Hi,

when i log into the Domain on this particular laptop, it logins about 2-3 secs longer than usual.
Then when actually logged in the network icon in the corner is showing both monitors as blue, instead of flashing, like its at peak usage.
Then, everything slows down, i click on 'Start' and it takes a good minute or two for the menu to appear, then when i hover over 'Programs' it just freezes, and it seems that the CPU is at 100% usage.
In Safe Mode, and Safe Mode w/ Networking, it runs fine.

Does anyone know of any services in the MSC that I can disable that will cause it to function properly in normal mode.

is there any other user still logged on? look in task manager processes, you should see which is causing this. go to run/ msconfig/ startup/ the untick any processes that are not required. then reboot. how processes have you running?

cant go to run, or taskmgr, just freezes =/

no, there are not any other users on it. i shut it down multiple times. and turned it back on. each time logging in as a different user with different privliges, still same problem.

I'm guessing its probably a problem with the Altiris Agent thats been installed on the machine... Although Im not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back