HP CPU Upgrade....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooljjay

Ok, I just got my new laptop of ebay today, it said it was an amd, but the description was minimal. I got it and now i see its a celeron. I have always heard these are bad processors. I was wonder what can I safety upgrade it to and what would be the best. The computer is a hp dv5000.

I know you would like information on upgrading.

But Celeron in a laptop, is actually good
Although Celeron is the cheaper version of Pentium, it's main advantage is:
It runs cooler

Thought I'd let you know before you decide to upgrade - as this info may change your mind

well I am not jumping into anything right now. i love suggestions and comments etc. I love to be informed. I will make my mind up at a later time. It has been sometime since i read pro's and con's of celerons.

Other will undoubtedly reply

But in the mean time you can run this online scan to determine what you can upgrade

http://www.powerleap.com/downloads/exe/InSPECS.exe

Answer Yes to any installs
These ActiveX installs , are required for the program to quickly check your system
I did it, for fun, just to see what it recommended, and have run full scans since, with no errors found.

Once it is finally running
On the left hand side, select your processor
On the right hand read the info and click on the link, telling you how you can update.

:)

kims land is right i mean upgrading ur processor will mean that u will get more heat output which as we all no isnt very goood. and also because u are going to install a new cpu possibly the laptop has its own heat blowers which may not be designed to output more then it already does meaning that a new powerful cpu could possibly overheat the cpu. Just a thought of what cud happen..

I don't think you can upgrade the CPU in that laptop. AFAIK, the particular model you have has the CPU soldered to the motherboard, making it impossible to replace it. I could be wrong though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back