Hp Dvd-rw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have an HP Pavillion zv6015us, it has a DVD-RW in it. I am having a problem with that drive. when I look at it in MY Computer, it says that it is a DVD-RW , but when I put a DVD disc in, it says that it is a CD Drive and it will not recognize DVD's, even ones burned using that very drive a few months ago. Can anyone tell me why that is and what I can do to fix this?

You still have DVD burnign software installed? assumming that you do. you can try uninstalling the IDE channel the drive is on and reboot, widows will reisntall the IDE channel adn the drive automatically on reboot. if this does not solve your problem then it may be that the DVD laser has died.

to uninstall the IDe channel go to device manager and look under "IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers."

How do I find out what IDE channel my dvd-rw is using? I was using sonic and I just uninstalled it about an hour ago. I am not exactly the most savvy user out there, so I thank you for your help.

It should be on the secodnary IDe channel, look under the advanced tab. the optical drive should show DMA 2 for mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back