TechSpot

HP EliteBook 1030 offers Core M processor, 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD with 13 hours of battery life

By Shawn Knight
May 17, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. HP has expanded its business notebook line with the addition of the EliteBook 1030, a premium Windows 10 machine that goes on sale later this month.

Positioned accordingly between the HP EliteBook 1020 and the 1040, the svelte notebook packs a 13.3-inch, Gorilla Glass-coated display in a chassis that’s meant for a 12.2-inch screen. It can be configured with either a full HD display (1,920 x 1,080) or a QHD+ touchscreen display sporting a resolution of 3,200 x 1,800.

The EliteBook 1030 is powered by Intel’s sixth generation Core M series processor which HP claims is good for a 20 percent boost compared to last year’s model. The fanless notebook can be configured with up to 16GB of system memory and a 512GB solid state drive although those extras will cost you.

The system features a bevy of ports including two USB 3.0 ports, a USB Type-C charging port and a full-sized HDMI video output. On the wireless side, it’s got 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, WiDi and Miracast.

Other goodies include Bang & Olufsen speakers, a spill-resistant, backlit keyboard and up to 13 hours of battery life which is about 40 percent longer than its predecessor. The HP EliteBook 1030 measures 12.2 inches x 8.3 inches x 0.62 inches and tips the scales at 2.55 pounds.

Pricing will start at $1,249 when it goes on sale later this month.

Permalink to story.

2. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,902   +528

I know it advertises 13 hours, what's the real number?

3. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 962   +205

Of course we'll have to wait for reviews. I'm sure the battery life on the QHD+ touchscreen configuration will take a hit. In general, though, laptops are getting a lot better and I think OEMs are advertising relatively accurate estimates. I've even seen some understated estimates where real life cases were even better than promoted.

4. XimiX

XimiX TS Rookie

My HP Spectre X360 is advertised for 12 hours and I can barely hit 5-6 hours with simple surf, Eco Energy mode and dimmed display (50%)...
    I am afraid the 13 hours are based on lab tests, in airplane mode, no activity, 20% display (near invisible)... well, unusable conditions :p

Puiu likes this.