Hp g70 120ea dies

Hello, I have a problem with my laptop hp g70 120ea, basically it used to work fine up until today afternoon. I switched it on, it ran perfectly for about an hour after which it has died, the screen switched off and the wifi light turned to amber, the laptop was still working as I could hear the fan but it was not responding to anything apart from the power button. I have cleaned out the fan so that shouldnt be the problem. I will attach a photo with the amber light showing. Have any of you ever had this problem or know how to fix this? Please help me out if you can. Thanks in advance ~Ghostie.

The CPU thermal pads or paste probably have harden over time from heat. Now the laptop is turning off sensing an over temp condition. The pads and paste will have to be serviced

Hi again, is there a possibility that I can change the paste and pads myself or do I have to send it off somewhere?

If you are familiar with disassembling laptops completely and putting them back together, you can probably change the paste and pads, if you can find them. It is not an easy job for a beginner. A repair shop can do it in less than 1 hour

I have taken many PCs apart before, never a laptop though, I have plenty of time to do it so I will try to do it myself. Will changing the pads and paste solve the problem of overheating?

Thank you for the information, as soon as I have some spare time I will take the laptop apart and see what I will do from there. Also if I do not manage to service this on my own do you know the average price this service is done at a shop?

Before you take the laptop apart, make sure you have some thermal paste at hand. This laptop may only have thermal paste and no pads. If there are pads, once you pull the assemblies apart, the pads tear up. This repair would cost around $75 here in the USA

Right I took the laptop apart and the thermal pad seems to be soft and fine, not hard as you have explained it. I will order new pads and see if that resolves the problem of overheating.

Back