HP keyboard shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseM

Hey everyone, I'm new to these keyboards with special buttons to open web browsers and play music and such. I just got a new computer, and I feel really stupid asking for help with this, but I can't figure out how to get these buttons to work and how to configure them! Any help would be appreciated.

I don;t think you could configure them as you wish.
In my school right now, the hp's keyboard are also a multimedia keyboard (lot of buttons above) and i can sort of configure it in the control panel...

Alright, well I guess my main problem is that the buttons do not work. Once I can get them to work I'll worry about configuring them! Thank you for trying to help though.

OK now I got it to work! All I needed was to download a driver manually from HP, pssh... But now I have a new problem.

The media controls (play, pause, previous, next, etc.) only work when iTunes or WMP are in the foreground. I am wondering if anyone knows how to get around this so I can change songs and stuff when I am playing a game or something like that. Is there some kind of 3rd party program that lets you do that?

Included software

These types of keyboards should include a cd installation to make it
programable.Did you get one ?
Thats how my Logitech works.

No it didn't come with any CD. Everything on the computer was pretty much pre-installed. I figured out how to configure the buttons and stuff but the media controls only work when iTunes or WMP are in the forground. Is there any way i can control them even when they are in the background?

It might be installed

What name is the keyboard ? Browse through Start menu/Programs for a folder by that name,or the HP folders.
It should contain the utility to program your keyboard.
If not,try HP Utilty downloads or the kbd maker.
I presume you mean keys like My Home,Search,Volume and audio player controls.
Thats what my Logitech has.

No, sorry I mean the media controls like to play, skip, pause, and stop music playing on a media player. I already know how to customize the internet and e-mail keys. Thanks for your help though!

Look again

JesseM said:
No, sorry I mean the media controls like to play, skip, pause, and stop music playing on a media player. I already know how to customize the internet and e-mail keys. Thanks for your help though!

Thats what i said,
Volume and audio (media)player controls.
I have Stop,Play,Pause,Mute and volume.
But not unless i install the software from Logitech that came with my kbd,
As a seperate upgrade purchase.
What else do you mean then ?

Well I got all the buttons to work, but they do not do anything when WMP or iTunes are in the background or minimized like if I was playing a game. There probably isn't any way of making them work with the media players in the background or minimized but I was just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back