hp notebook display problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: new to your boards via search.

i rarely have any problems that i cant fix, but this one has me stumped. i had just installed a fresh 2.5" HDD to a HP pavillion zt1175 notebook. everything is working perfectly with one major exception...

I will be browsing either the internet or windows explorer and my display will go black as if i push on the peg that automatically shuts off the display. the peg that shuts off the display if the notebook is closed shut. when it goes out i simply hit that peg and the display will come back on, sometimes. either that or the notebook will go into standby mode. and even sometimes when i try to bring the notebook out of standby mode, it will restart. i'm stumped.

i have just recently re-installed the display dirver "S3 Savage ProDDR" for the tenth time. and upon reading almost everywhere i have re-installed the factory driver settings as well. i know that it's not a power setting cause i've eliminated that possibility by adjusting the power settings so it won't happen.

so far after about 15 min. of re-installing all of the drivers the display hasn't shut off. but just in case my fix didnt happen, it would be good to get some feedback on how to fix it. and i would love to know why this happened in the first place for future reference.

thanks for any help!
mike :grinthumb

WinXP Pro SP2
intel pentium 4
1.40GHz
240MB Ram

the s3 graphics you have are integrated into the motherboard and this means you dont have a video card, which will cause a lack of performance. your display settings might have been higher than the maximum for your screen. refresh rate, resolution, etc might have worked for a bit thne shut down. this stuff im telling you might not be right, so i hope one of the veterans replies to this. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back