Hp Pavilion dv6604 ram update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xclusiveitalian

I have a Hp Pavilion dv6604nr entertainment Notebook laptop PC running Vista Home Premium and am looking into upgrading my ram to speed my computer. I wanted to upgrade to 2gb or 4 gb. I am wondering if, a)can my laptop support 4gb,? b)will it help speed up my computer? I sometimes play older games on it, such as the sim 2 and age of pirates, but mostly I am looking to speed up my overall speed of my computer which tends to slow down alot during regular activites, or if I am to much open.

-Thanks, any information is appreciated =)

Your Pavilion dv6604nr will accept a total of 4096 MB or memory in 2 banks of 1. It normally was shipped with 1 MB in two 512 MB modules.

You need two modules of 2GB: DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 2 GB per slot... Unbuffereed, Non-ECC, 1.8V 256 meg X 64 667, CL-5
But if you have Windows XP, it will only see and use 3 to 3.5 GB, depending on the motherboard it has.
You will need to take out your two 512 MB modules and sell them someplace... they do not have much of a market.
You should be able to buy these 2 GB modules for $22 to $27 each... the old 512 MB will sell for only $5 or less.
Www.Crucial.com, www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.newegg.com are some of the places where you can find the memory at lower cost than others.

Your Pavilion dv6604nr will accept a total of 4096 MB or memory in 2 banks of 1. It normally was shipped with 1 MB in two 512 MB modules.

You need two modules of 2GB: DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 2 GB per slot... Unbuffereed, Non-ECC, 1.8V 256 meg X 64 667, CL-5
But if you have Windows XP, it will only see and use 3 to 3.5 GB, depending on the motherboard it has.
You will need to take out your two 512 MB modules and sell them someplace... they do not have much of a market.
You should be able to buy these 2 GB modules for $22 to $27 each... the old 512 MB will sell for only $5 or less.
******* ******** ****** ******* ******* are some of the places where you can find the memory at lower cost than others.

Thank you so much!

So then CORSAIR ValueSelect 4GB (2 x 2GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Laptop Memory - Retail (value 44.99) from newegg should work fine in my HP laptop?

srry dont have enough post to post a link lol
Currently I have my HP default ram in my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back