HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7560n Chipset Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, first time poster, thought this would be a great community to help me with a problem I am currently experiencing.

So here's my issue: I bought a ATI Radeon X 1950 Pro 256MB, PCI-Express graphics card recently, installed it, got it up and running, and everything went well for about the first day or so. Since yesterday, my computer has begun crashing with what appears to be, clearly, a graphics card issue. Basically what happens is the screen will just go all wonky, and the system will shut down.

I first thought it might be a power supply issue, but I doubt it. The card is supposed to need 450W and I'm running 480W, plus, the card doesn't seem to be overheating in any shape way or form, or the power supply.

After having talked to the customer support guy, I've basically decided it's a chipset driver issue. Problem is, I have no idea how to set up the drivers. Fortunatley, I was able to find all the relevant information pertaining to my system online: my system.

Basically, I'm just ot sure where exactly to go for these drivers and how to og about installing them. I would really appreciate the help. It seems like this is a basic issue, but I rarely deal much with hardware so as said, any help would be...a great help to me!

Thanks.

EDIT: Would this be, in keeping with the information that I have provided above, what I need to install?

Install the drivers that came with the video card... after you remove or disable the old drivers. You can see all this in the System -> Hardware -> Device Manager where you can remove and install.

You will find all the updated drivers including the updated chipset driver, except for the ATI Radeon X 1950 Pro 256MB, PCI-Express graphics card, at www.hp.com under your model number shown on the label on the back of your computer.

raybay said:
Install the drivers that came with the video card... after you remove or disable the old drivers. You can see all this in the System -> Hardware -> Device Manager where you can remove and install.

Can I do this retroactively? By that I mean, if I have all ready installed the drivers for the new card can I uninstall the old drivers after the fact?

Oh, and I may want to mention that the old card was integrated. So, in that case, do I just need to update the drivers as found at the HP website (which was helpful, thank you).

You can see what is there in the device manager and remove or disable all that you find there for video graphics drivers.

Thanks, I'm going to do all that. PC recovery allows me reset my system so I don't have to worry about the crashes. I tried it once all ready, installed the new chipset drivers and then installed the drivers for the new card but it started crashing again so I guess I'll try installing the new drivers and then disabling them or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back