HP Pavilion zv6123 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMDominator88

If anyone knows about this laptop, I would love to discuss the ability in upgrading the RAM...I have already upgraded the RAM in the one spot that I do know of; the bottom of the laptop has a little RAM door I can unscrew and replace that DIMM of RAM, which I did with a 1Gig unit from Kingston (so total is now 1.25Gigs). I was wanting to know if there are any other places to upgrade the RAM, like if I take apart the entire notebook, would there be a place to put a new DIMM ???? hm.........help anyone

There is no other place to install system RAM. You can only install the MAX RAM allowed by the system. If you replace the 1GB, you can get a 2GB SODIMM module, and have 2.25GB

would Newegg possibly have a 2Gb module that is the pc2700 ddr 333 cuz that's what the computer is,,,and I know that if I buy a higher end module, the computer will just reconfigure the timings in order to use it, but wouldn't a 2Gb module cost around....140, im guessing...I guess I'll just look on Newegg

damn....all the 2Gb modules are for DDR2!!!!! oh well, I guess the 1.25 will hafto do...Im getting a 100Gb 7200rpm HDD (to replace the 80Gb 4200rpm HDD) and I'm going to replace the processor with the 2.2Ghz toledo core socket 939 processor, so maybe those upgrades will suffice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back