TechSpot

HP planning Windows 8 tablets; webOS future uncertain

By Shawn Knight
Oct 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. HP is planning to release Windows 8 tablets once Microsoft launches their new operating system next year. This is good news for company faithful although HP’s WebOS mobile operating system…

Read the whole story

2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Wow, HP, you disappoint me.

3. Keep building and selling your TouchPad for $99 and you will become #1. I got one at that price and for the $$ it's awesome. For more money I wouldn't but one but if other people could buy them at $99 your app store would become #1 in a short period of time.

4. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 379   +53

For those trying to pick up a touchpad, you should be happy to know all their online stock has been sold to Best Buy. After signing up for notifications, watching company tweets, listening to their promises of having 200,000 more units coming in, now we get the bird from HP. Want one from best buy? You have to buy a crappy hp laptop so you can buy a 32GB model at fire sale price. Return the laptop without the tablet and you pay the $600 original original retail price. Sorry, but if I am to pay Best Buy price for a crappy HP laptop, they should be giving me a touchpad. I'll need it for when my laptop crashes a couple weeks later.

5. HP has to try and find a way to get some of the money back that they lost on the $99 sale.
    It is just business.

6. theruck

theruck TS Rookie Posts: 48

i wonder what antivirus solution will the tablet contain out of the box :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.