HP pPavillion 7935

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been reading the threads at this site and I wanted to say it looks like there are alot of smart and nice people on this site.
Would like to thank you ahead of time for your help....

I have perlaced the power supply for this pc and now I cant get any signal to the monitor.

I have tested that the monitor is working with another pc.

I am thinking of using another graphics card instead of the onboard one to see if I can solve the problem this way.

Can anyone advise of how to acheive this. Do I need to disable the onboard card first and if so how to do it.

Many thanks in advance.

Max

Normally HP PCs need HP-parts for replacement. See if you can find the layout of the 20-pin connector on your mobo and the one on your powersupply. Somewhere there probably a difference.

Double-check the monitor-cable on both ends, check the fuse in the plug, if there is one, make sure the monitor is plugged in and switched on.

To use another graphics card, you will have to look for either a jumper on your mobo, or a setting in your BIOS to disable the onboard graphics. Some mobo's automatically switch off onboard graphics if you insert an AGP or PCI graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back