HP Printer Driver Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got new printers in on three different departments. They are jet direct printers and shared out over an ip addresss. My question, is there any way to install the drivers remotely to each computer through maybe Ghost Console or even some other method to prevent from having to go to each machine and manually install the drivers? Thanks

Install the drivers on one system. Can you place the install file in a shared folder, and access the file from there?

Yes I could but, I'm not sure where you are going with this. Do you mean a shared folder locally on the machine with the drivers installed? Or do you mean a \\network \share?

*note* I also downloaded HP Web JetAdmin with no avail. I cannot figure out if it is even possible to accomplish what I am trying to do let alone how to do it. Did download a little proggy that allows one to install drivers remotely for printers that are networked through another PC but doesn't seem to work with printers directly on the net themselves.

I was talking about a \\network \share... The printers on the network directly should be connected to print servers that have individual IP addresses. Can you access these directly, using the IP address for each print server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back