HP quietly launches Android-powered 10 Plus tablet, priced at $279.99

By Shawn Knight
Oct 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. HP's recent split has been the talk of the town this week but that isn't the only thing new with the company. The Silicon Valley titan has quietly unveiled a new 10-inch tablet powered by Android.

Read more
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,432   +473

I don't really see the point in bringing in more android tablets, at least I got bored out of two so far and the market is overly crowded.

On the other hand I would love to see some W8.1 or W10 tablet next year, on the cheapo of course :p
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,114   +1,379

And I don't understand the point talking about more mediocre androids. If even the manufacturer decided to refrain from any announcements, that means there is really nothing to talk about. I don't understand why TechSpot even publishes this kind of boring stuff.
  4. Panda218

Panda218 TS Addict Posts: 273   +99

I couldn't agree more, but I am a bit scared of "cheapo" windows tablets as they'll run worse than the netbooks used to when they were the in thing.
    cmbjive likes this.
  5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,432   +473

The thing with that netbook point, is that people wanted for netbooks to be powerbooks, paying nothing and asking for everything.

I currently use a netbook with a broken lcd as a smb and torrenting server, and back then it was used to surf the web, play movies and do some basic ofice editing and it served it purpose really well.
  6. Panda218

Panda218 TS Addict Posts: 273   +99

I couldn't agree more. My father gave me his netbook cause he thought it was extremely slow. I'm still using it to this day without any issues, but I'm definitely looking for a windows tablet in the near future as a replacement.