HP quietly launches Android-powered 10 Plus tablet, priced at $279.99

Shawn Knight

Staff member

android tablet slate hp hp 10 plus 10 plus hp 10 plus tablet

HP’s recent split has been the talk of the town this week but that isn't the only thing new with the company. The Silicon Valley titan has quietly unveiled a new 10-inch tablet powered by Android.

The HP 10 Plus features a 10.1-inch HD display operating at a resolution of 1,920 x 1,200. It’s powered by a quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 chip clocked at a modest 1GHz alongside 2GB of system RAM and 16GB of onboard storage (expandable via microSD card slot).

The slate also packs a 5-megapixel rear camera, a 2-megapixel front-facing shooter, a micro USB 2.0 port, a 3.5mm headphone jack with microphone support, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, accelerometer, GPS and a 7,700mAh battery that’s good for up to six hours of runtime on a single charge.

One feature that’s particularly noteworthy is the front-facing stereo speakers which are ideally positioned on either side of the screen for media intake.

The tablet measures 10.43 x 6.89 x 0.37 inches and tips the scales at 1.46 pounds. It comes loaded with Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box.

Aesthetically, the HP 10 Plus looks pretty nice although it’s a little on the thick side. The one glaring shortcoming with the slate, however, is the SoC which Android Police claims is an Allwinner A31 chip. The battery life could also be a bit better but otherwise, we’re looking at a pretty decent tablet.

The HP 10 Plus is available for purchase as of writing for $279.99.

Permalink to story.

I don't really see the point in bringing in more android tablets, at least I got bored out of two so far and the market is overly crowded.

On the other hand I would love to see some W8.1 or W10 tablet next year, on the cheapo of course :p

I don't really see the point in bringing in more android tablets, at least I got bored out of two so far and the market is overly crowded.

On the other hand I would love to see some W8.1 or W10 tablet next year, on the cheapo of course :p

And I don't understand the point talking about more mediocre androids. If even the manufacturer decided to refrain from any announcements, that means there is really nothing to talk about. I don't understand why TechSpot even publishes this kind of boring stuff.

I couldn't agree more, but I am a bit scared of "cheapo" windows tablets as they'll run worse than the netbooks used to when they were the in thing.

The thing with that netbook point, is that people wanted for netbooks to be powerbooks, paying nothing and asking for everything.

I currently use a netbook with a broken lcd as a smb and torrenting server, and back then it was used to surf the web, play movies and do some basic ofice editing and it served it purpose really well.

The thing with that netbook point, is that people wanted for netbooks to be powerbooks, paying nothing and asking for everything.

I currently use a netbook with a broken lcd as a smb and torrenting server, and back then it was used to surf the web, play movies and do some basic ofice editing and it served it purpose really well.

I couldn't agree more. My father gave me his netbook cause he thought it was extremely slow. I'm still using it to this day without any issues, but I'm definitely looking for a windows tablet in the near future as a replacement.

Back