TechSpot

HP Slate vs iPad document leaks, reveals more specs

By Matthew
Apr 5, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engadget has scored an internal HP document that reveals and otherwise confirms most of the Slate's specifications. Presumably intended for employee eyes only, the slide shows a side-by-side comparison of the Slate and iPad, complete with major pros and cons highlighted.

Read the whole story

2. Recycle

Recycle TS Rookie Posts: 53

I want this, very badly.

Time to start saving up.

3. lmanlo

lmanlo TS Rookie

But the cheapest one is a 16GB, the HP has 32GB so it is $50 less than the 32GB Ipad Apple is selling.

4. lmanlo

lmanlo TS Rookie

Also if HP would have also released a 16GB I think it would have been $50 less than the Ipad

5. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 902   +52

I agree however I'm going to wait and see who else comes out with a product.

6. JudaZ

JudaZ TS Enthusiast Posts: 294

Now this is a product i would like to by.

and it can actually do 2 things at once! :)

7. A brand new tablet with a wireless b/g in? WHY???????

I will not buy anything that does not have wireless n because a single "g" client on my 2.4GHz "n" network will degrade the performance of all clients to "g" speeds. Upgrading to a mixed 2.4/5GHz network is too much for what I need it.

8. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 975   +87

Guest - Wireless 'N' should be demanded for Slate. I can't believe that HP would let that one slide. That alone is the one major hesitation point. But perhaps an Mvix Nubbin can make up for that downfall? http://www.mvixusa.com/product/nubbin

So Slate wins at:
    Web Browsing (with Adobe Flash and Air support)
    Price at 32 GB
    CPU
    GPU / Graphics
    Connectivity
    Camera
    ...and I'd argue the OS is superior as well.

Loses in:
    Battery life
    WiFi support
    Display size

If a Nubbin can work in Slate and fix the 802.11n issue, I don't see many reasons to favor the iPad.

IMO: HP Slate, plus HDTV Media Dock FTW!
    http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/2010/04/05/oh-snap-hp-slate-telling-the-world-its-a-contender/

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.