HP932 prints light every 1/2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

videobruce

On a HP 932 every 1/2" the text is lighter than the rest. I measured the distance between the lines that are lighter and they are every 1/2" almost as accurate if you would of marked them with t ruler. I looked at the print head traveling above the paper when it is printing and see there is some space (to my surprise) between the paper and the head. I thought it was a flat spot on the roller, but not the case.

I changed the cartridge and the problem was less, but still there. If I use a darker setting (more ink) it isn't as noticeable, but I can still see the difference.

The test page does print ok. I have cleaned the contacts, but no difference. This is the 3rd cartridge that the problem has happened on. BTW these aren't HP cartridges. I do re-fill them also.

The first time I thought it was just low ink and/or dirty contacts, which I cleaned. I put a 2nd cartridge in and all was fine. I re-filled it at least once and all was fine. Then the problem returned.

Any ideas?

What is the brand of the cartridges you are having problems with? Have you tried using HP cartridges?

BTW, If the cartridges are Pellikan(sp?) then it could explain it, those cartridges are pretty much equivelant to you cleaning and refilling an old one because they are remanufactured cartridges.

Don't know why it would work fine on the test page. But HP cartridges have the print heads included in the cartridges (and is why they cost more), but maybe your print heads have reached their maximum life span...

Originally posted by SNGX1275
Don't know why it would work fine on the test page. But HP cartridges have the print heads included in the cartridges (and is why they cost more), but maybe your print heads have reached their maximum life span...

Indeed. How long have you been using this printer???

The printer is 2- 2 1/2 years old. Yes the print head is in the cartridge, I use the cartridges as long as I can by refilling them untill the heads clog and I can't unclog them (probably less than a year).

This just started, I assume it is the Carrot cartridge, but That's all I have for now.

I think maybe the cartridge/head combo is just not as high quality as the others you have used.... I'd bet that you replace the cartridge then it will work.

I let the cartrdge head soak in tray of amonia for a while and it worked! The cartridge was sitting out in the open for at least a week on top of that!

Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back