HP's new Envy AIO packs a massive 34-inch curved screen

Shawn Knight

Staff member

HP has announced a bold new all-in-one that’s sure to strike up conversation from virtually everyone that sees it.

As its name implies, the HP Envy Curved All-in-One PC puts a massive 34-inch curved display with a resolution of 3,440 x 1,440 and aspect ratio of 21:9 front and center. HP claims it’s the world’s widest curved AIO and the first to receive Technicolor certification. It also offers 99 percent of the sRGB color gamut.

The display is flanked by six speakers tuned by audio partner Bang & Olufsen. Buyers can select from either an Intel i5 or i7 Skylake processor, up to an Nvidia GTX 960 graphics card, as much as 16GB of RAM and a variety of hard drives and solid state drives. Regardless of choice, Windows 10 comes pre-installed.

While the display no doubt looks impressive, some may not find the large perimeter bezels appealing. The rig probably isn’t ideal for hardcore gamers given its limited GPU processing power and resolution (we also don’t yet know the exact specifications of the panel type) although for working types, this amount of real estate could afford a serious boost to productivity without having to add additional monitors.

The HP Envy Curved All-in-One goes on sale next month starting at $1,799.99.

Permalink to story.

And they ruined the whole thing by putting that massive ****ing bezel on it, why would the ruin a perfectly good screen like that? AIO speakers are always garbage and they've decided to included them directly into the design of the face of this damn thing. At least most AIO put them in the back for you.

I agree with wanting a smaller bezel - but I doubt the sound is going to be terrible on this device. It's made by Bang & Olufsen.

Who cares about the (lateral) bezels? I want the curved display quality to be top notch, the rest doesn't matter if they deliver on that front. ;)

A really good 34" monitor with the same resolution can be had for just $479: http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic...id=1444340686&sr=8-14&keywords=curved+monitor, one that beats the HP in every way.

And for the remaining $1,320 you can put together one heck of a PC.

And it will look really good too, unlike this grey monstrosity. It's really, really ugly.

LG has the same version curved: 34UC97-S, but it is a bit more expensive, and the quality isn't as good. People say it bleeds light like crazy, unlike the non-curved version.

Can you spot the difference? :)

l32.jpg

HPENVYCurvedAll-in-One_centerfacing-1024x870.jpg

Last edited:
The first LG monitor you linked is actually $750, the other one is $1,000. Regardless, point taken, HP's bezels are big. I still like what they're doing hardware-wise, along with Dell XPS, some of the Lenovos and now Microsoft's own devices.

I need to have my eyes checked... the first picture somewhat appears to me as 'jabba the hut bathing in a secret oasis under a single tattoine sun).

do you guys use curved monitors (aio or not) or curved TVs? I am amazed at how tech engineers come up with curved displays but I really don't like them.

I'm just wondering does the web page goes full screen because is a long screen

Back