Hrsd.yahoo.com

macx

Win 7, Firefox latest, a bunch of security and privacy add ons.

Been having problems opening Read More on Yahoo news articles. Tried lots of things like
allowing things in the NoScript drop down box, etc etc. Noticed it tries to open something
called hrsd.yahoo.com

Did another search that happened to contain that term, and found out some things I didn't
have a clue about. Supposedly that's some sort of really bad malware.

Long story short, besides rooting thru my machine for hours trying to find all the files
with that name in them, one site recommended using either SpyHunter or RegHunter.
They said the free versions would identify problems but I would have to get the
paid version of either to remove that hrsd thing.

Anyone have any experience with that? I just tried scanning with SpyBot S&D, paid MalwareBytes,
and AdAware Free, but nothing turned up. Are they just missing it?

Would sure appreciate any info on how to get rid of it and if anyone has any experience with
either the SpyHunter or RegHunter apps and could make any recommendations on them or
anything else. Of course Free is nice, but I'd be inclined to get a paid app if that's what it takes.

Thanks!!

Way to Get Rid of hsrd.yahoo.com Totally

Seems to be a longstanding redirect which many consider to be 'un-healthy'. Try google on 'hrds and yahoo' for many complaints.

I can add mine to the chorus of complaints. Problem is, how to get rid of whatever is doing it?

Back