HTC 10 revealed in new press renders and prototype 'live' images

Shawn Knight

Staff member

HTC decided to skip announcing its latest flagship at Mobile World Congress, and for good reason. Samsung used the opportunity to unveil its two latest handsets, the Galaxy S7 and the S7 edge, while LG captivated audiences with its modular LG G5. Competing for press coverage likely wasn't something HTC was interested in, especially considering its Vive VR headset was on hand to generate plenty of attention.

Nevertheless, HTC's next flagship is coming soon and we've now got leaked images that show exactly what to expect courtesy of Evan Blass.

The serial leaker took to Twitter earlier today to showcase press renders of a phone that'll reportedly be called the HTC 10 (earlier leaks suggested it would be known as the M10 but apparently that's no longer the case). Admittedly, HTC 10 does sound better but I digress.

Wondering how the phone will look in the flesh? Twitter user @OnLeaks has that covered as well with a series of images claiming to be from a prototype HTC 10 in black. These pictures don't exactly represent the pinnacle of quality but they do show what you can expect in real life.

OnLeaks claims the HTC 10 features a 5.15-inch QHD display powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC and 4GB of RAM. There's also said to be a 12-megapixel camera on the rear – all specs that have previously been linked to the device. OnLeaks also says the phone will utilize a USB Type-C connector.

Permalink to story.

We'll wait and see. All flagships are virtually identical with identical specs and it's only with the marketing bluster that that they try to differentiate themselves . A few years ago I used to look forward to these flagship releases but these days they're about as exciting as a trip to the green grocer.

We'll wait and see. All flagships are virtually identical with identical specs and it's only with the marketing bluster that that they try to differentiate themselves . A few years ago I used to look forward to these flagship releases but these days they're about as exciting as a trip to the green grocer.

You dont' get excited about fresh produce?!

Really though, you're right... when I saw this headline my first thought was HTC made another phone?! I thought they'd be sick of losing their shirt ti samsung, LG and Apple. And I've even owned a couple HTC phones.

The new galaxy is completely waterproof and the new LG is modular. HTC better bring it or they'll be another afterthought. Back in 2013 they were the premium metal body android phone, now everyone's in that space.

Remember the M9? me neither.

You dont' get excited about fresh produce?!

Really though, you're right... when I saw this headline my first thought was HTC made another phone?! I thought they'd be sick of losing their shirt ti samsung, LG and Apple. And I've even owned a couple HTC phones.

The new galaxy is completely waterproof and the new LG is modular. HTC better bring it or they'll be another afterthought. Back in 2013 they were the premium metal body android phone, now everyone's in that space.

Remember the M9? me neither.

I own the M8 currently, with the gorgeous metal body. The phone also has fantastic sound, the best of any phone out there. The metal body and great sound are what sold me on it. I hope HTC continues this with the new model.

I really wish manufacturers would stop jumping on the WQHD bandwagon. I'm sure the majority of people would prefer more battery life and a slightly cheaper price tag over a barely noticeable pixel count increase due to its small size.

Wow a new phone that is just like every other phone made in the last 5 years.

I like the flexible unbreakable phones made by Arubix and others. I am tired of fixing broken phones for everyone.

I own the M8 currently, with the gorgeous metal body. The phone also has fantastic sound, the best of any phone out there. The metal body and great sound are what sold me on it. I hope HTC continues this with the new model.
I never said they weren't nice, they are, but the more things change the more they stay the same, they're so predictable with really only the obligatory chipset and camera upgrade otherwise they remain exactly the same. Your old M8 is still perfectly relevant today. I still use a SGS4 which is still very adequate for me and a SGA5, I alternate between the two.

It sure is, and even more so with the recently released Android 6.0 Marshmallow :)

Supposedly it is losing BoomSound. That would suck if it does.

Seriously though, if the GS7 had USB-C it would be the truly ultimate phone IMO.

I never said they weren't nice, they are, but the more things change the more they stay the same, they're so predictable with really only the obligatory chipset and camera upgrade otherwise they remain exactly the same. Your old M8 is still perfectly relevant today. I still use a SGS4 which is still very adequate for me and a SGA5, I alternate between the two.

My M8 isn't old to me...considering that before it, I had the Motorola Milestone X (back in the original box in the closet now). That was an old phone by today's standards...LOL.

It sure is, and even more so with the recently released Android 6.0 Marshmallow :)

My phone hasn't received the 6.0 update yet. I hope it will get it, but I suppose that all depends on the carrier?
Yep. That's one thing I do like about Apple: they made certain conditions clear that carriers must follow, such as updates. Wish Google would crack down on that since I'm tired of dealing with this for months after each release.

I really wish manufacturers would stop jumping on the WQHD bandwagon. I'm sure the majority of people would prefer more battery life and a slightly cheaper price tag over a barely noticeable pixel count increase due to its small size.

That's what I say, but honestly, I remember comparing the Nexus 5X to the Moto X Pure, two VERY similar phones and for whatever reason, the battery life isn't much different. In fact I think the Pure is better. I still would rather have a very nice 1080p screen though. To me any battery savings are a good thing. Plus, you get better performance with games and I'm sure app makers appreciate not having to make their app run native for one more resolution.

Back